Uplifting the Voices of Princeton Day School

The Spokesman

The Spokesman

The Spokesman

Have a Listen!

Check out senior Sam Cohen’s playlist!

(Photo/Flickr)
Kicks or Bricks: The Basketball Players of PDS’s Opinions
Adeola Egbeleye, Fashion Columnist • April 25, 2024
(Photo/Flickr)
Tackling Test Taking
April 25, 2024
Answer These Questions and We'll Recommend a Taylor Swift Album For You ..

Continue Reading
Photo by Ena Marinkovic from Pexels
Answer these questions, and we'll guess your aesthetic!

Continue Reading
Photo by Magda Ehlers from Pexels
Think you're a Disney expert? Try this quiz.

Continue Reading
View All

What are PDS Students Doing Over Spring Break?

(Artwork/Kayla Zhang ’24)
(Artwork/Kayla Zhang ’24)

Spring Break is always an eagerly anticipated period every school year. It is a time when both students and faculty alike can sleep in, unwind, reunite with family, and embark on vacations. The long weeks of winter from January to March can be strenuous, so this rest is much-needed. From touring foreign countries to relaxing at home, students express what their plans are for the next two weeks. 

Freshman Eddie Letko stated, “I’m going to France for a week to ski. I’ve always loved skiing since I was little.” As expected, many other PDS students are traveling within the country and abroad. Freshman Kees Williams is going to the Virgin Islands and the Bahamas. He will additionally be visiting family in New York, articulating “I’ll be at Saint Thomas in the Virgin Islands for a week. I’ve never been there before, but I’m excited to go to the beaches and swim there.” Kees continues, “I’m also going to New York and visiting family there.” Meanwhile, Freshman Lance McNally lists his top three activities over Spring Break as playing baseball, playing video games, and watching movies with his family. Many other freshmen communicate similar plans over the break, including sleeping in, seeing family, and enjoying some downtime elsewhere. However, Freshman Zain Hamdia voiced different plans for the break. Currently, he has many creative projects in the works using the 3D printers in the Steam Lab. He will be continuing these builds at home using his own 3D printer: “I’ve liked engineering random things, like robots, since I could remember. The Steam Lab is useful for printing stuff I wouldn’t be able to at home. The people there are cool, too.” 

Overall, students at PDS are taking a well-deserved break from school, whether that be through relaxing or creative means. Personally, though I’m visiting Cancun, Mexico this year, I believe the best way to spend Spring Break is by visiting a long-distance family or relaxing at home. However, it seems that any form of vacation is a great way to unwind before the last few months of the school year.