Uplifting the Voices of Princeton Day School

The Spokesman

The Spokesman

The Spokesman

Have a Listen!

Check out senior Sam Cohen’s playlist!

(Photo/Flickr)
Kicks or Bricks: The Basketball Players of PDS’s Opinions
Adeola Egbeleye, Fashion Columnist • April 25, 2024
(Photo/Flickr)
Tackling Test Taking
April 25, 2024
Answer These Questions and We'll Recommend a Taylor Swift Album For You ..

Continue Reading
Photo by Ena Marinkovic from Pexels
Answer these questions, and we'll guess your aesthetic!

Continue Reading
Photo by Magda Ehlers from Pexels
Think you're a Disney expert? Try this quiz.

Continue Reading
View All

And the Winners of This Year’s Teacher Awards Goes To…

%28Art%2FEm+Gao27%29
(Art/Em Gao’27)

The annual Teacher Awards, organized by Student Council, is a fun way to show appreciation to our teachers while having a laugh. Students get to nominate their favorite teachers for certain funny titles ranging from Most Likely to Show a Movie in Class to Most Likely to Work for the CIA. 

Many excited students filled out the Google nomination form together, both agreeing and debating over which teacher would best suit each title. However, it was the Teacher Awards gathering that received the most laughs and brought the students and teachers closer together outside of the classroom. A sophomore who wished to remain anonymous shared, “I think it was really entertaining and funny, and I also liked the experience.” 

The teachers were thankful and felt honored to win a funny title. Upper School math teacher Leigh Myers won the Most Parental Teacher award and exclaimed, “I’m flattered, I love that!” Mrs. Myers also admitted that the gathering was “actually pretty fun!” Upper School Biology teacher Dr. Charles Alt, who won the Funniest Teacher award, thanked his students, “I appreciate the students’ recognition of humor in my classroom practice. It’s always impactful for me to get some form of appreciation.” 

This year’s Teacher Awards certainly proved to be a huge success, and both the students and teachers enjoyed it too. The Student Council’s organization of this celebration was a great way to put a smile on the students’ faces while recognizing all the hard work which the teachers’ have done for their students. Considering this school year’s word is “community,” the Teacher Awards truly summed up how beautiful and strong the PDS community bond is between its students and teachers.