Uplifting the Voices of Princeton Day School

The Spokesman

The Spokesman

The Spokesman

Have a Listen!

Check out senior Sam Cohen’s playlist!

(Artwork/Kayla Zhang ’24)
National Shakespeare Competition
Amber Pancholi, Print Staff Writer • April 29, 2024
Answer These Questions and We'll Recommend a Taylor Swift Album For You ..

Continue Reading
Photo by Ena Marinkovic from Pexels
Answer these questions, and we'll guess your aesthetic!

Continue Reading
Photo by Magda Ehlers from Pexels
Think you're a Disney expert? Try this quiz.

Continue Reading
View All

Independent Study: Not for The Faint of Heart

PDS offers independent study athletic credits to students who are engaged in sports not offered at the school. Athletes are required to meet a minimum of 10 hours a week to qualify. Student’s progress must be documented and submitted to the Director of Athletics each trimester. Below is an interview with sophomore Adeola Egbeleye, who dances pre-professionally outside of school every day for more than 15 hours per week.  

Q: What sport do you pursue outside of school and how many hours do you dedicate to it?

A: I’ve been doing ballet since I was about nine years old, and I’ve been training pre-professionally since I was about 13. In a lax month, I spend around 16 hours a week on ballet, but during show and rehearsal seasons, it can be up to 24 hours a week. 

Q: And what made you choose ballet as your activity when you were younger?

A: I tried team sports and three other styles of dance, but ballet just stuck. I thought it was beautiful and I wanted to be a part of something bigger than myself. 

Q: Do you think that the amount of credit you receive for your commitment is fair?

A: I would say so. I think right now as a sophomore in the spring season, I am about done with my sports credits. I might have to do strength training in the fall, but that’s about it. 

Q: Would you do ballet at school if it was offered at the same level?

A: I think it would be more convenient, but I like training outside of school because I enjoy connecting with other girls from other schools, too. Instead, I participate in an orchestra at school. 

Independent Study is a helpful schedule management tool for anyone like Addy who is dedicating a significant amount of time outside of school to a sport. PDS supports all student athletes whether they participate on a home team or not. This incredible opportunity offers many students the resources to pursue their passions and dreams in a sport of their choice.