Uplifting the Voices of Princeton Day School

The Spokesman

The Spokesman

The Spokesman

Have a Listen!

Check out senior Sam Cohen’s playlist!

(Photo/Flickr)
Kicks or Bricks: The Basketball Players of PDS’s Opinions
Adeola Egbeleye, Fashion Columnist • April 25, 2024
(Photo/Flickr)
Tackling Test Taking
April 25, 2024
Answer These Questions and We'll Recommend a Taylor Swift Album For You ..

Continue Reading
Photo by Ena Marinkovic from Pexels
Answer these questions, and we'll guess your aesthetic!

Continue Reading
Photo by Magda Ehlers from Pexels
Think you're a Disney expert? Try this quiz.

Continue Reading
View All

An Overdue Analysis: Which Grade Really Had the Best Halloween Costume?

%28Photo%2FPDS+Flickr%29
(Photo/PDS Flickr)

As the autumn breeze rustled through the vibrantly colored leaves, the PDS hallways buzzed with excitement as the school welcomed the fall season with its annual Halloween parade. With its own unique theme, each grade transformed the school into a canvas of creativity, sparking fierce yet friendly competition between classes. The freshmen proudly displayed their “Fresh out of Bed Freshmen” theme, marching in cozy pajamas during the parade. Next were the soft-roars (sophomores), June-iors (juniors), and Spooky Seniors.

After the parade, Head of School Dr. Kelley Nicholson-Flynn announced the “Fresh Out of Bed Freshmen” to be the official winners of the “Most Creative” award and “Spooky Seniors” to be the best dressed overall. But which grade really had the best costume? Interviews of randomly selected students revealed the resounding sentiment that the Junior class emerged as the true winner for creativity and participation. Freshman Harkiran Sandhu underscored that the Juniors “outshone in all aspects,” with their June-iors theme standing as a vivid demonstration of their creativity and enthusiastic participation. She also noted how the theme adds an ironic twist in that they embodied a tropical and beach aesthetic, despite the chilly weather. Along with Sandhu, many fellow freshmen agreed that the Juniors were “undeniably the best” and truly deserved the “Most Creative” award.

The faculty departments also deserve recognition for their enthusiasm in dressing up and contributing with their originality and creativity which made this event so memorable and cherished. The math department’s Barbie theme was particularly notable, also featuring Head of Upper School Ms. Katie O’Shaughnessy, who was praised for her dance moves and cart-wheels, which added an extra layer of energy to the overall celebration.

What truly made the event special was the shared sense of school spirit and community building. These small yet significant moments of laughter and fun foster a sense of unity and bring our community together, creating many memories for the PDS community in the years to come.