Fall Sports Preview

Emi Levine, Staff Writer

Pass! Shoot! Score! Princeton Day School athletics are off to a great start, and the fall season looks very promising for our Panther Athletes. After an exciting Fall Weekend, spirits remain high after many teams came off from a win. Crowds of people watched the home games to cheer on fellow schoolmates and friends as they poured endless amounts of hard work into playing well for their team.

Varsity boys and girls soccer, junior varsity girls tennis, and junior varsity girls field hockey all won against Blair this past Saturday, and varsity girls field hockey put up a great fight in a close game. However, all teams kept their high spirits throughout the entire weekend no matter what the score came out to be. After asking varsity field hockey players Julia Lach and Skylar Mundenar about the fall field hockey season, they exclaimed, “Our team has been really close and bonding, which makes the season so much easier because we’re all best friends.” Mundenar went on to say that she sees big things coming in the future for their team. Ricardo Martinez, a member of the boys varsity soccer season, reflected, “I think our team is pretty tight-knit. We all enjoy every moment, even in practice. We always go into everything with a positive mindset. The season so far has been pretty rough to start off but we’re getting there… we’re starting to hit our stride… the future is looking bright.” In addition, sophomore Vanessa Devin of the girls varsity soccer season stated, “Offensively and defensively we look pretty good. We have some tough games coming up but it’s going to be a good season.” There is still plenty of time for all teams to improve and keep working hard to better their record, but it is safe to say that Princeton Day School sports all have a promising future ahead.