Athlete of the Month: Will Brossman

Courtesy of Town Topics

Joseph Riley, Staff Writer

The Princeton Day School boys’ lacrosse team has set a goal to match the success of last season, despite losing many starting seniors from the team last year. The current batch of seniors understand that they will have to step up and lead PDS if they want to have anywhere near last year’s success.

The team has had a good start to the season, boasting three wins and a single loss, including a nail-biter victory over Hun in double overtime, led by senior Will Brossman, the Spokesman’s Athlete of the Month.

During an interview, Brossman was eager to talk about his role and experience on the lacrosse team. Brossman has played varsity lacrosse for the past four years, but has come a long way since he started. He described his role as a freshman on the team as a selfless team player. “I was mainly [a] utility player that scored goals when I needed to, dodged when I needed to, and generally filled in and helped out the team [in] any way I could.”

As a sophomore, it was nearly the same, but Brossman saw increased minutes on the field, and became more of a productive player for the team. Junior year was the turning point—Brossman took on a whole different role, both on and off the field, adding, “Junior year was really a sort of breakout season for me. I became an important part of the team on the field, and off the field I really stepped into more of a leadership position on the team.”

Brossman understands that if the team is to have success again this year he will also have to lead the younger players. The work started before the season even began. With all the young talent on the field, it was his job to make sure that everyone was in shape for the season. “As a senior, I know it is my job to really lead the team this year, and we have a lot of young talent on the team, so I had to make sure we got the most out of everybody this season, and make sure everyone was really in shape for the season,” said Brossman.

Favorite Sports Team: New York Mets

Favorite Pregame Song: “Upper Echelon” by Travis Scott

Favorite TV Show: Friends

Favorite PDS Quote: Roll Panthers!