Uplifting the Voices of Princeton Day School

The Spokesman

The Spokesman

The Spokesman

Have a Listen!

Check out senior Sam Cohen’s playlist!

(Photo/Flickr)
Students Discuss PDS’ First Sikh Club
Harrison Bagga, News Editor • May 29, 2024
Answer These Questions and We'll Recommend a Taylor Swift Album For You ..

Continue Reading
Photo by Ena Marinkovic from Pexels
Answer these questions, and we'll guess your aesthetic!

Continue Reading
Photo by Magda Ehlers from Pexels
Think you're a Disney expert? Try this quiz.

Continue Reading
View All

Staying Connected: Affinity Group Updates

%28Photo%2FPICRYL%29
(Photo/PICRYL)

Affinity groups—a space where students who share a similar part of their identities come together to unite through their experiences. Every other Day 6 during Community Block, dozens of students flock to their various groups, bubbling with excitement for the fun they are bound to have for the next 40 minutes. Behind the scenes, however,  it takes a lot of planning, dedication, and communication to make the PDS affinity groups successful. 

From the intense Dreidel tournament at their Hanukkah party in December to their upcoming gathering, the Jewish Student Union (JSU) is one of the most active affinity groups on campus. Senior and JSU cohead Ben Masia shared that the JSU has been hard at work planning the upcoming Jewish American Heritage Month gathering in May. In the last couple of weeks, members have also been writing notes that read “Happy Purim!” for people in Israel. 

One of the hallmark experiences of an affinity group is the gathering many of them receive to celebrate their culture with the whole PDS community. Most recently, PDS students and faculty came together for the Ramadan gathering and watched as the members of the Muslim Student Association showcased their beautiful narratives.

Other students are busy building new affinity groups. Sophomore Harrison Bagga shared his experience in joining the new Sikh club that he hopes will one day become an affinity group. Similar to the intentions of many other affinity groups, Bagga shared, “One of our main goals is to educate the PDS community about who we are and our legacy.” The Sikh club has some great ideas for promoting its culture through Bhangra dances and a Vaisakhi Melha gathering.  

Affinity groups are a great way to connect with new friends – make sure to check them next Day 6!